Luchawiki:Server Status

From Luchawiki

Extra spaces in Gallerys

Looks like the newest version of mediawiki broke something with images. I am aware of the issue, but I am waiting for the next release to see if there's a bug fix. --thecubsfan (talk) 02:05, 26 March 2012 (UTC)

Page Caching

In order to battle the 500 errors, I've turned on page caching. Users who are not logged in will see the last version of the page. Users who are logged in will pull the latest version from the database. This should be the same information! But we'll see.

Mediawiki has released 1.17.0, but I'll wait until 1.17.1 before upgrading. Should be a couple weeks. --Thecubsfan 16:55, 5 May 2011 (UTC)

Upgrade to 1.16.2

Took place a little while ago. Seemed like it went quick.

It seems like something in this version is attracting spam accounts. They've been coming from a bunch of random IP addresses, so I can't just block a range like I've done in the past. There's a couple spam IP blacklist solutions we can try, and I'll try to get one of those implemented in the next few days.

Update: added a spam blocker that uses a look up to find bad IPs and email address. Hoping it doesn't false positive. --thecubsfan 17:28, 12 March 2011 (PST)

Update 2: gmail addresses (always used by this run of spammers) have a little work around to avoid being checked. I think I've closed the loophole. Also, only checking for new accounts and disabled the "TRUE"/"FALSE" text that was popping up. --thecubsfan 20:56, 17 March 2011 (UTC)

Upgrade to 1.13.0

About to take place. Updating status page with info... --thecubsfan 00:52, 17 August 2008 (EDT)

And done. That was very smooth, just had to remember to remove the old local settings file from config to get the database to fix itself. Need to mess around to see what's changed. --thecubsfan 05:17, 17 August 2008 (UTC)

Upgrade to 1.11.0

So the upgrade didn't actually work, but I figured out a go-around. It may cause problems with categories, we'll see.

For my own benefit later when I forget about this:

should've been: ALTER TABLE `categorylinks` DROP INDEX `cl_sortkey`, ADD INDEX `cl_sortkey` ( cl_to, cl_timestamp, cl_from ) ended up: ALTER TABLE `categorylinks` DROP INDEX `cl_sortkey`, ADD INDEX `cl_sortkey` ( `cl_to` , `cl_from` )

RSS and ATOM feeds are up. It was really dumb, there was a trailing paragraph mark that really should not have made a difference, but it did. I wish I figured this out months ago. --thecubsfan 22:04, 10 September 2007 (EDT)

Upgrade to 1.9.2

I stumbled on a solution to allow to use PHP5. That was a stumbling block for many months and prevented us from doing any upgrades. That's working fine now, and so I immediately moved the software up to 1.9.2. That's a pretty big jump from where we were, and I expect to notice a few places where adjustments have to be made.

The gallery pictures are all coming up on individual lines, instead of going six across like in the past. (See Konnan Big) I'm trying to figure it out.

--thecubsfan 21:20, 14 February 2007 (EST)

Okay, I've rigged a solution for the gallery tags. Those images that are thumbnailed but don't use the Gallery Template still won't work, but they need to be adjusted on an individual basis.

--thecubsfan 21:46, 14 February 2007 (EST)

Fixed the error that was causing pictures not to come up; I was trying to modify the script so you don't need to put in "caption=" part if there's no caption. Instead, it was showing as a image when there wasn't a caption. It works now.

--thecubsfan 20:51, 15 February 2007 (EST)

I've switched almost everything over to using of the Gallery tags, so they can be stacked next to each other fine. The ones I've left alone aren't going to have another image next to them.


has been created to allow for custom image sizes.

Hopefully this is my last fix for a while!

--thecubsfan 22:48, 15 February 2007 (EST)

Server has been slow/unresponsive today. Not sure what's going on.

--thecubsfan 15:12, 2 March 2007 (EST)