- 1 personal resource links
- 2 current projects being worked on
- 3 CMLL Lightweight
- 4 Junior Dinamitas
- 5 Hair Match
- 6 Cuchillo
- 7 Error
- 8 Date format
- 9 Error Message
- 10 WWA
- 11 Recent changes made to Perro Aguayo Jr., El Dandy, Satánico
- 12 Pages that have nothing to do with Lucha Libre
- 13 Another Page that has nothing to do with Lucha Libre
- 14 Another Page that has nothing to do with Lucha Libre
- 15 Vandalism, more bad pages
- 16 Super Halcon Jr's notes
http://www.cubagenweb.org/gloss.htm - family translations
- Most Wanted Pages - check out all those year links in need of some content.
- Recent Changes
- Uncategorized Pages
In case of missing apuesta record, break glass
current projects being worked on
I've completed the title histories -> days project. So glad to be done with that. I'm not going to bother with the Category:Championships (without history) titles; if they're ever fleshed out enough that they belong to the main category, I'll worry about them then. I've also skipped parts of histories where the title was essentially a Japan or US title without any luchadors competiting for it, where it just becomes useless noise to this wiki. I probably included too much of the DG title changes, but enough of the guys worked in IWRG before starting there to make it worthwhile, and the titles often floated back to Mexico.
I'm probably going to spend my idle time working on a non-wiki project for the next while. The next major project for the wiki is going thru the CMLL/AAA rosters, clearing up the dead weight, bringing dates over to the day pages, and writing at least something on every significant person. A paragraph is fine and I can easily write that much on everyone I'd like - it's keeping distilling people like Cibernetico down to a managable size without driving myself nuts that's going to be the challenge. Hopefully I stay out of the way of those people nicely going thru all the profiles to wiki them up, because they seem to be doing a good job without me goofing it up.
Minor project before then is to mark and clean up the To do list to see what we still need (and what I can quickly come across in Google, or less quickly by asking questions on puroresu boards.) Long term dream project is historical rosters (even a category as unspecifically define as "Stars of the UWA" or "AAA Golden Age (92-96)" would probably be very useful to people. It'd only really take someone who knows the period well to write a list, because I could do the grunt work pretty quickly on my own.
I think I still owe a page better explaining match types as well, which shouldn't take long if I sit down to do it.
New idea: subcategories for Moves. Specifically something for wacky lucha-only submissions
Suggested Move Categories
These are not meant to be exclusive; moves can appear in multiple groups
- Category:Basic Moves - your no-frills dropkicks, armdrags, hiptoss, splash, senton, and the very basic variations of dives (plancha, pescado, tope). These should be moves which aren't even necessarily includes on profiles, because they're common.
- Category:Cradles - any type of roll up
- Category:Submissions - obviously
- Category:Lucha Submissions - submissions rarely seen outside of lucha libre. It's Wacky Lucha Submissions without typing Wacky.
- Category:Flying Moves - not sure if that's the best way to say it, but anything jumping/springboard off the ropes
- Category:Dives - Flying moves to the floor
- maybe even sub categories for Plancha/Tope?
- Category:Dives - Flying moves to the floor
- Category:Strikes - ?
- and there still needs to be something for everything else, but I don't have a good category name for it. I've seem Holds and Manuevers in other places, but that's too broad.
The other idea is, instead of doing categories linking to pages that have single images, maybe we just have pages with galleries of moves and names. Instead of having a page with move names, we have a page with move pictures. I think this would work really well for the Lucha Submissions page (most people will have seen an image of a move and wonder at the name, not the other way around) but may require more effort.
I think that CMLL change the name of CMLL World Super Lightweight Title to CMLL World Lightweight Title, not includes the "super".
Sometimes they list in that way, sometimes they don't. It's inconsistent. I think they referred to it as Super on last week's CMLL TV when Virus showed off the belt on the way to the ring. --Thecubsfan 16:21, 28 June 2011 (UTC)
Hi dude, I found this poster of an CWF event in Mexico State. There are listed more members of Hermanos Reyes (Andres, Carmelo, Jesus). Hijo de Carmelo Reyes (I think he is Cien Caras Jr) and Ave Inmortal (son of Universo 2000 [???]). Do you known more about that wrestlers? So the Junior Dinamitas are the next: Cien Caras Jr. (not officially family member), Hijo de Cien Caras (not officially family member, RIP), Hijo de Mascara Año 2000, Mascara Año 2000 Jr, Universo 2000 Jr, El Cuatrero, Sanson, Ave Inmortal.
Vendetta Pro Wrestling has results from their August 2, 2014 event in which Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Damian 666 to take Bestia 666's hair. La Familia De Tijuana left the arena prior Bestia cut his hair. Do we should add this match to the database as a Lucha De Apuestas to Bestia or Damian and obviously winner Chavo Guerrero Jr.? --Mike09 (talk) 05:00, 06 September 2014 (CDT)
Nah, that's not an official match. Any time they do those post match challenges for one more fall, it lasts 10 seconds, and the rudos run off without living up to the stip, we shouldn't count it. --Thecubsfan (talk) 11:36, 9 September 2014 (CDT)
Hey dude. I was finding things about Cuchillo. I found a link in which a guy sells masks won by Cuchillo. That page says Cuchillo wrestled around 1971 as El Hijo de Blue Demon, but that data and the masks I can't approve if are correct data.
I think we need more than that guy, especially since he was trying to sell that mask with that story. Hopefully this is something that gets cleared up in the next few days in obituaries. --Thecubsfan (talk) 22:39, 9 October 2014 (CDT)
I was just wondering if there is some code or something that would automatically change all dates into a single consistent date format (like autocorrect). So that when someone writes 01/05/27 it automatically turns into 2001.05.27. Is this even possible? --LuchaBoy619 (talk) 11:24, 23 March 2015 (CDT)
When not logged in there is an eroor message that repeats 20 or so times "Warning: An old copy of the CologneBlue skin was found in your skins/ directory. You should remove it to avoid problems in the future.See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skin_autodiscovery for details. [Called from SkinFactory::getLegacySkinNames in /home/luchawi/luchawiki.org/includes/skins/SkinFactory.php at line 124] in /home/luchawi/luchawiki.org/includes/debug/MWDebug.php on line 302" --Flashmagic (talk) 12:23, 2 April 2015 (CDT)
Snuck in an update last night, got that error (because this wiki is so old), cleared it up, but the main page cache kept the page with the error. I cleared it up this afternoon - if it pops up again on another page, let me know. I can always just delete the whole cache and start over. --Thecubsfan (talk) 16:41, 2 April 2015 (CDT)
Hi dude. I don't know if you already know, but Reynosa locals Super Boy and Super Chuky are defending the WWA World Trios Championship as WWA World Tag Team Championship. They only have two of three titles. They lost the titles to Gigga and other wrestler. Gigga is the guy who has a replica of CMLL World Heavyweight Championship (won over Antifaz Del Norte). Well, what I mean is, we should add a Reynosa Branch in WWA Tag/Trios titles or only ignored that? - Mike09 (talk)
Recent changes made to Perro Aguayo Jr., El Dandy, Satánico
Hello. Recently there were changes made to the Perro Aguayo Jr., El Dandy, & Satánico pages which are word for word copying from the Wikipedia pages of Perro Aguayo Jr., El Dandy & Satánico. I feel this Wikipedia copying should be removed. Thank you for your time. - Latin915 3/20/2017.
Pages that have nothing to do with Lucha Libre
Someone called Sherjer created these pages. I don't know why.
- QuickBooks contact 1-888-300-9067 QuickBooks technical support phone number
- QuickBooks helpline 1-888-300-9067 QuickBooks technical support phone number
- QuickBooks help desk 1-888-300-9067 QuickBooks technical support phone number
- QuickBooks 1-888-300-9067 QuickBooks technical support phone number
Another Page that has nothing to do with Lucha Libre
Another Page that has nothing to do with Lucha Libre
Vandalism, more bad pages
More pages that should be deleted. Created by "Dragon7289"
- Talk:$18883375333$$ POF tech support number
- Talk:Quickbooks 18558665811 Customer Support Number
- Talk:DREAMS ((18558665811))QUICKEN Technical Support
- Talk:CALL $I8552054069$Delta Airlines First Class upgrade
- Talk:(GREEN)$$18552054069$$ American Airlines Phone Number
- Talk:$18883375333$$Hawaiian Airlines Business Class Upgrade
- Talk:$$18552054069$$ United Airlines Business Class Upgrade
- Talk:$18552054069$ united airlines Ticket booking number
- Talk:$$18552054069$$Hawaiian Airlines Phone Number
- Talk:$18552054069$ Delta Business Class Upgrade number
- Talk:$18552054069$ American Airlines Phone Number
- Talk:$18552054069$ Hawaiian Airlines Upgrade To First Class number
- Talk:18552054069 Delta Airlines First Class upgrade
- Talk:$18552054069$ American airlines Reservation class
- Talk:@18552054069@ United airlines Ticket booking
- Talk:EAR$18552054069$ Delta airlines customer care number
- Talk:Delta airlines 18552054069 Reservation phone number
- Talk:$18552054069$united airlines customer care phone number
- Talk:1 855 205 4069 United Airlines Business Class Upgrade number
- Talk:HHH $$18552054069$$ Hawaiian airlines Reservation number
- Talk:WWE$18552054069$hawaiian airlines customer care number
Super Halcon Jr's notes
How did you know about his eye operation and the advice of not wrestling anymore? He told me that it was an operation to not use eyeglasses and he was only absent for few months.
That's just the story I was told last time in Mexico, that the operation to fix his eye went badly and that's why he wasn't around any more. If he's saying something different, we can use that an attribute it to him.