XNL World Championship
The XNL World Championship is a professional wrestling title promoted by Xplosion Nacional de Lucha Libre of Chile. The championship remained out of Chile from 2010 to 2012 until Ariki Toa returned the title to the country.
Championship is Vacant. Virus was the previous champion but had to vacate it because he was injured.
History of Championship
In the second show of XNL held on August 29, 2010 began the tournament to crown the initial champion of the promotion. Crazy Sid and Katastrofe were the finalist of first eliminatory, taking as winner Katastrofe. The second eliminatory was held in September 12, taking as finalist Castigador and Xtra Large, who drew in their match and as consequence, both advanced to the final and wrestled with Katastrofe by the gold of Xplosion Nacional de Lucha Libre.
The final of the tournament was held in the event XNL Independencia 2010 on September 26, 2010, in wich Xtra Large was the winner and became the first champion of XNL. In XNL Desastre Total, Xtra Large lost the title against Super Crazy, sending the championship outside of Chile, becoming so in the first international wrestler who won the title.
XNL announced in March 13, 2011 through his official website (www.xnl.cl) that the XNL Championship was renamed XNL World Championship due the prestigious that Super Crazy was giving internationally. In the first defense of world title, Super Crazy defeated Crazy Sid to keep the title.
The XNL's General Manager Raddon made the announcement of title vacancy on June 16, 2013 explaining Xtra Large was unable to defend the title due a right knee sprain (kayfabe) suffered during a match versus Al-Cold on June 9, 2013. However, on June 23 at XNL Santiago: Capital del Caos 2013, Ricky Marvin defeated Al-Cold and the "injured" Xtra Large to win the vacant title.
- two falls match, first fall for XNL Title and second fall for X-LAW Junior Heavyweight Title.
- title vs title match against Katastrofe's X-LAW Junior Heavyweight Title.
- Xtra Large wrestled in the match even though he was injured (kayfabe).
- Taylor Wolf left the ring at begin of the match due to a (fake) injury.
- Taylor Wolf cashed in his Batalla Real X's title chance to win the championship.
- Five-Man Scramble Match.
- The referee Sergio Catalan hit Al-Cold with the title, helping Taylor Wolf to win back the championship.
- Three Stages Of Hell Match.
- Match ended on Double DQ, Also for the International TdR Belt
- Altough Arez defeated XL, Title didn't change hands
Gallery of Champions
|Xplosion Nacional de Lucha Libre Championships|
|Active: Titanes Del Ring (Alessandro) ● World (Mr. Keyton) ● Tag Team (Pandemia)|
|Inactive: Historic ● Women's ● X-LAW Junior Heavy|
|Related: CLL Absoluto (Lenko Sins) ● LWA Tag Team (Alexandra & Alison Evans)|
|Tournaments: Batalla Real X (Dómina) ● Torneo Nacional de Titanes (Carnicero)|
Trofeo Declaración de Independencia Bajo Cero)
|Defunct: CEX Tournament ● Torneo Nacional Femenino ● Torneo Latinoamericano|