TripleMania is AAA's most important event of the year. It's also it's oldest, starting in 1993, the second year of the promotion. TripleMania has been held in late spring and early summer. In recent years, it's been a June show. In 2012 it was held in August.
The name TripleMania comes from WWE's WrestleMania name. Both are the biggest shows for their promotions. "Triple" comes from one of the nicknames of the promotion, "Triple" A. AAA has also copied the WWE practice of using Roman numerals for these shows.
Some of the biggest matches in the history of AAA have taken place at this show, including
- 1993:Konnan losing a retirement match to Cien Caras
- 1995:Super Calo defeating Winners in a mask match
- 2002:Octagon defeating Pentagon for his mask
- 2004:La Parka Jr. unmasking Cibernetico
- 2006:La Parka Jr. unmasking Muerte Cibernetica
- 2009:Team AAA defeating La Legion to regain control of AAA
- 2010:LA Park defeated La Parka Jr. to gain rights to LA Park name.